2021 NORD Summit – Rare Diseases and Orphan Products Breakthrough
A two-day virtual summit bringing together rare disease experts and leaders, patient advocacy groups, government, industry and academia to share new insights and discuss critical topics
The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is hosting The Rare Diseases and Orphan Products Breakthrough Summit 2021 on Oct. 18 and 19 from 9 a.m to 4 p.m. each day.
The Rare Diseases and Orphan Products Breakthrough Summit, or NORD Summit, brings together members of the rare disease community from across the globe to share new insights, network in a positive and practical virtual environment, and discuss critical topics in the rare diseases and orphan products field.
NORD Summit general sessions, breakout workshops and networking opportunities will cover a wide range of topics including:
- Rare Diseases as a Public Health Challenge
- Messages for the Community from Key Federal Officials
- Impact of COVID-19 on Rare Disease Research, Clinical Trials and Drug Development
- Designing Trials for Inclusivity, Equity and Engagement
- Gene Therapy and Gene Editing: Current Status and Potential Impact on the Rare Disease Community
- Rare Disease Community Patient Organization Leadership Forums
Sessions will include live chat and the ability to schedule peer-to-peer meetings with other attendees throughout the summit.
To register or for more information, visit the 2021 NORD Summit website.
Please note your closed caption needs in the registration form. All plenary and breakout workshops will be closed captioned. Networking sessions will have limited captions available.
A ‘Know Before You Go’ email with summit access information will be sent the week of the event.
All general sessions and breakout sessions will be recorded and available for 30 days after the conference. Networking sessions will be live only.