Equip for Equality Introduces Employment Rights Helpline
Initiative aims to improve employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Equip for Equality’s Employment Rights Helpline is a new service that provides free advice for employees and job seekers in Illinois. This initiative, made possible by a grant from The Chicago Community Trust, aims to expand employment opportunities for people with disabilities in Illinois.
The helpline staff can:
- Discuss your rights under the ADA
- Answer your employment rights questions
- Assist with reasonable accommodation requests
- Help you understand your options
- Share fact sheets, sample letters and forms
- Provide referrals
- Offer other assistance as needed
Contact information for the helpline:
Voice/Relay: (844) RIGHTS-9 (toll-free) or (844) 744-4879 (toll-free)
TTY: (800) 610-2779 (tty)