The Parent Advocacy App for Families of Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing Children
The Parent Advocacy app is a free application that is a collaboration between the National Association of the Deaf, Gallaudet University Laurent Clec, National Deaf Education Center, American Society for the Deaf, and Hands & Voices.
It enables the family to:
* Understand what an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) means and how to participate in meetings
* Know how 504 plan meetings differ from IEP meeting
* Know what advocacy principle to use when it come to a 504 plan or an IEP meeting
* Locate fillable checklist and notes
* Ask common questions about each type of meetings
* Use 6 strategies to advocate your child
* Link to resources and learn how to contact parent and deaf organizational partners for assistance
You can download the app on the APP Store or Google Play.