Tools & Resources
From Early Intervention to Transition, we have informational materials that may help you care for children/youth with special needs.
- Early Intervention Handbook for Providers: provides information on the program policies, descriptions of services and billing codes for providers.
- Health Care Transition Resources: this website is a comprehensive Transition Toolbox for health care providers to use when caring for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs.
- Illinois Sound Beginnings: is a parent-friendly website designed to provide information and resouces to families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Illinois Provider Directory for Children with Special Health Care Needs: is an online statewide resource for locating pediatric health care providers in Illinois and the surrounding border states. You can search by geographic location, type of provider specialty and type of services provided.
- Toolkit for Primary Care Providers Caring for Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: this website will give providers electronic access to best practice tools and enable them to more readily serve adults with intellectual or other developmental disabilities.
- Web-Based Curricula on Transitioning Youth to Adult Healthcare: These courses focus on the transition from pediatric to adult-oriented healthcare for young adults.The curricula include a training for pediatric providers and a training for internists/family physicians. CME and MOC Part 4 credit for pediatricians, family physicians, and internists is offered. The courses are available to any health care provider, any time.